Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Two weeks and counting!

I have less than two weeks left until this little girl is supposed to arrive! I have been feeling pretty swollen, sore, and most especially lazy! I have been getting the babies room together and making everything tidy for her arrival, but its a rarity to see me out of my comfy pj's! Or... at least the ones that still fit ;). I haven't stepped on a scale for at least two months, but I know I have been gaining massive amount of weight. Probably not as much as I imagine, but I am feeling pretty huge. All of my downeast basic undershirts don't actually fit over my belly anymore. Luckily all of my maternity shirts are pretty long so no one has to see the belly! I have neglected to take any pictures of myself for almost 10 weeks so I finally took one last week when I hit 38 weeks.

  
Still in my pajamas! 

This was me 10 weeks ago at 28 weeks.

I actually don't look much different do I? My belly is a little rounder and slightly bigger now but compared to many other women I know I don't look as pregnant as they do. But I sure feel like it! My doctor is out of town until next week so I don't have a 38 week appointment. My next appointment where they check to see if I am dilated etc. is on Monday the 30th when I will be 39 weeks and 3 days, and I can't wait to see what they tell me. My due date is February 3rd so we will see if this baby wants to be early or late. When I was pregnant with Carter I was actually scheduled to be induced two days after his due date so that my mom could plan around work to come into town. In the wee hours of that same induction date morning, I went into labor on my own! I still had to wait hours before going in, but at least my body did it on its own. I wonder how this time will be? I don't mind going over my due date since I already know I will, but I don't want to go WAY over. I am ready now! I would be happy to have this baby now if I could control the timing, but I am sure that is something every woman wishes they had power over. 

Carter could not be more thrilled to have a baby sister. We bought him a book for Christmas called "I'm a new big brother," and he has memorized the entire thing. Seriously, he reads it to me and he actually says pretty much word for word what the book says. He is probably the most excited of us all and it already in "helping" mode. He sings and talks to the baby every morning and tells her all about his day. he especially loves to share his primary and preschool songs he learns with her. Carter has turned into quite the little singer. He is on tune about... oh... let's say 60% of the time :). The other 40% it sounds like he is just making it up as he goes along. His favorite thing to do lately is makeup his own songs about his toys or himself or whatever he happens to be doing. He is going to be a great big brother. 

Since I am not very good at blogging, this could very well be my last post until after I have the baby. Hopefully next time you hear from me I will have a beautiful baby girl to show off! Wish me luck! :)

No comments: